- iPhone to Mac
- iPhone to PC
- Android to Mac
- Android to PC
- Using Google Drive
Transferring files from iPhone to Mac
To transfer videos from an iPhone to a Mac, you will use the airdrop feature.
1. Go to Photos
2. Select your video recording. Make sure it has a time stamp on it!
3. Click on the bottom left corner of your phone, and select this icon:
4. Select Airdrop
5. A list of devices will appear. Make sure your WiFi and Bluetooth are enabled on your computer.
6. Select your computer, and the file should appear in your Downloads folder on your computer.
Transferring files from iPhone to PC
To transfer videos from an iPhone to a PC, you will use a USB cable.
1. Connect your iPhone to your PC with a USB cable
2. Make sure your iPhone is unlocked.
3. Open an explorer window, and under “This PC”, your device should be listed.
4. Select your device, then select “Internal Storage”
5. Most likely, your photos and videos will be stored in the DCIM folder. Click that.
For more detailed instructions and other ways to transfer files from your iPhone to your PC, click here.
Transferring files from Android to PC:
To transfer videos from an Android to a PC, you will use a USB cable.
1. Unlock your phone.
2. With a USB cable, connect your phone to your computer.
3. On your phone, a popup will appear, asking to allow access to your data. Select “Allow”.
4. Check to make sure that your Android System is set for USB for File Transfer.
5. On your computer, open an explorer window, and under “This PC”, your device should be listed.
6. Select your android device
7. You will now see a series of folders. These represent the files on your phone.
8. Most likely, your photos and videos will be stored in the DCIM folder. Click that.
9. Drag and drop your video file onto your desktop. Your video should now be stored on your computer.
For more detailed instructions and other ways to transfer files from your Android device to your PC, watch this video.
Transferring Files from Android to Mac
To transfer files from an Android to a Mac, you will use a USB cable.
1. Go to any web browser on your computer, and open the following link:
2. Click “Download Now”.
3. Save your file to a designated location.
4. Click on the .dmg link on the bottom left corner of your browser, or click on the file itself on your computer.
5. This screen will pop up. Drag the icon to your applications folder.
6. Click on applications, and locate Android File Transfer
7. A popup will appear. Click “open”.
8. Connect your Android Device to your computer.
9. You will now see a series of folders. These represent the files on your phone. Most likely, your photos and videos will be stored in the DCIM folder. Click that.
10. Drag and drop your video file onto your desktop. Your video should now be stored on your computer.
Using Google Drive
The wonderful thing about Google Drive is that it can be accessed from any device.
1. Download the Google Drive app to your mobile device
2. Create an account if you are new to Google Suite. If you have a gmail account, you already have a drive account. Use your Gmail login to access it.
3. Within the app, there should be a rainbow plus at the bottom right of the screen. Click it.
4. Select the file you would like to upload.
5. Once uploaded, you should be able to access this file in your Google Drive from any device.
From Auri Productions, we hope this helped. If you have any questions, feel free to leave a comment and we will get back to you. Do you have any other helpful file transferring methods to share? Let us know below.